How To Clean Your Water Dispenser
Splash Water Company recommends cleaning your dispenser every three to six months. Before you begin, you'll need
the following items:
Follow these steps:
- Clean Rubber Gloves
- Paper Towels
- Scrub Pad
- Boiling Water
Remove the drip tray and clean with mild soap and warm water.
Before putting a new bottle on your dispenser:
- Unplug your dispenser and remove empty bottle.
- Drain any remaining water through spigot.
- Carefully fill the reservoir with boiling water (you may add 1 tablespoon of bleach if you like). Wait 3 minutes.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO SPILL BOILING WATER ON YOURSELF
- Use rubber gloves and scrub brush (do not use steel wool or anything abrasive) to clean reservoir.
- Drain water through spigot. Pour more boiling water in reservoir, then clean spigots, body, and handles.
- Rinse one last time with room temperature tap water.
- Drain all water through the spigots.
- Place full bottle of water on top.
- If you have a hot water dispenser, remove the air from the tank by opening the hot spigot until water flows freely.
Plug in the unit and allow a few minutes for the water in your dispenser to heat up or cool down.
- Wipe the new bottle's neck with a damp clean cloth.
- Wipe the top of the dispenser and the lip of the reservoir.
- Install new bottle.